Hinckley & Rugby Building Society Mortgages Reviews

Ratings based on 161 reviews       Last review 2 days ago

Hinckley & Rugby Building Society mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of Hinckley & Rugby Building Society mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Mortgages Reviews

Review Hinckley & Rugby Building Society's Mortgages now

Treated terribly

Treated ourselves and our mortgage broker terribly,

Reviewed on 15th August 2022

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

We are very sorry to hear of your poor experience and would like the opportunity to discuss this with you. To do so we invite you to contact one of our Senior Mortgage Managers either by phone, 01455894083, or email, e.crosskey@hrbs.co.uk.

fixed rate mortgage

Advice was very good, the questions asked prior to taking out the 5 year fixed were in depth, ensuring I'm clear on the rationale for taking a 5 year fixed and pros and cons. Laura was very thorough, polite and helpful, and reflected the excellent custome Read more

Advice was very good, the questions asked prior to taking out the 5 year fixed were in depth, ensuring I'm clear on the rationale for taking a 5 year fixed and pros and cons. Laura was very thorough, polite and helpful, and reflected the excellent customer focus of the Building Society

Reviewed on 8th August 2022

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the feedback and will pass this on to the team.

In tune with my needs

A very positive experience helping me to buy a property under the JMSP scheme.

Reviewed on 5th August 2022

New member

I arrange a remortgage with H&R and they were first class. I would recommend to anyone to speak with them

Reviewed on 2nd August 2022

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Helpful and obliging staff who found the right product for me and took the time to ensure I understood .

Reviewed on 2nd August 2022

Efficient and professional

Our experience with our mortgage application was seamless and effortless

Reviewed on 1st August 2022

Mortgage Redemption Support

I recently contacted H&R to ask about redeeming my mortgage. I was helped by Deborah Winterton who gave me excellent support. Throughout the redemption process Deborah communicated regularly and promptly and gave me all of the information and help that I Read more

I recently contacted H&R to ask about redeeming my mortgage. I was helped by Deborah Winterton who gave me excellent support. Throughout the redemption process Deborah communicated regularly and promptly and gave me all of the information and help that I needed.

Reviewed on 28th July 2022
Eric Holt's avatar
Eric Holt

Broken Commitment

I went through an independent mortgage advisor and HRBS was one of the offers we looked at. The offering was perfect for my age and position. We applied for the mortgage supplying all the detail requested. I was asked to increase the deposit which we did. Read more

I went through an independent mortgage advisor and HRBS was one of the offers we looked at. The offering was perfect for my age and position. We applied for the mortgage supplying all the detail requested. I was asked to increase the deposit which we did. I was then told that the mortgage had been approved. The developer was also told that the mortgage was approved. With this approval I was able to pay my holding monies, agree the price and negotiate some betterment into the deal.
My broker and I were then told that the paper work was been sent for signing and that we would have the mortgage with in 5-7 working days. On this we planned our move out of our rented property and served notice. The developer pushed forward to get the house completed for the 6th May 2022.
On the 5th May my broker was told by the underwriter that an error had been made and that HRBS could not provide this offer and that we had to start again. My Broker provided all the evidence that an offer had been made but the reply was simply sorry an error has been made. All previous agreements were in my view broken. The behaviour from that point was disgusting to say the least. Poor communication, all the information we had sent had to be resent. I had to put all my belongings into storage and had to move in with my sister-in law for 8 weeks. I am taking advice on making a formal complaint and a claim for costs I have incurred due to the unprofessional behaviour of HRBS. If, as the underwriter stated the person should not have made this offer what is that person doing committing HRSB to a deal. Except HRBS just ignore the situation and believe they operate above contract law.
For the avoidance of doubt I intend to take this as high as I need, to recover my costs but also to make HRBS more accountable for their behaviours.

Reviewed on 25th July 2022

The process

The process was quick and efficient

Reviewed on 25th July 2022

Help with documentation

Quick call, sent over documents (that were originally lost in my email) clear instructions how to proceed - very helpful

Reviewed on 21st July 2022
Al Burns's avatar
Al Burns

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Your staff are your greatest asset, some of your procedures need to change

Every member of staff I spoke to was great however the fact that my mortgage application was sat on/not started for 8 weeks and I wasn’t informed almost cost me the sale of my house.

Great Service and Rate

Really happy with the Service and Rate that H&R gave us for our first home. Thanks :)

Simple Remortgage

I’ve used H&R in the past and have always been impressed by their range of offers and straightforward approach.

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Great Company (wo)manned by real people.

What a great company and a great product- the staff are all super helpful and I wish all my mortgages could be switched to H & R

Reviewed on 6th July 2022

Re mortgage

Very helpful and courteous ,Jo was very friendly , helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you.

Reviewed on 17th June 2022
Mel Thompson's avatar
Mel Thompson

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Hinkley and Rugby offer the best mortgage deals, and are so efficient to deal with- everything is very clearly explained and straightforward.

Reviewed on 16th June 2022
Melissa Trimingham's avatar
Melissa Trimingham

Good Service, slightly slow procedure

Really good clear communications and best deal available, I felt the time it took to complete was longer than expected but probably still an effect from covid restrictions, working from home etc

Reviewed on 14th June 2022

Mixed feelings.

I would start by firstly praising Sylwia - she is such an asset to your team & had I only dealt with her id have been screaming only good things from the rooftops about H&R she is exceptional. However, other members of the team & a few things after th Read more

However, other members of the team & a few things after the initial acceptance really let you know and nearly cost us our move out date which upset both vendor and buyers. The employment reference was a joke - after stating a few times my partners boss hadn’t received and email it took weeks to sort because you’d only accept an email - more so the lazy and careless attitude of whoever it was doing that part was frustrating. - then she’d not sent out solicitor their copy of the mortgage offer so 4 days later I chased and nothing. That put us behind & then having to wait an extra two days to clarify that we weren’t needing to pay an exit fee meant that we signed and exchanged the day of our move it was stressful and unorganised it could’ve been avoided.

Reviewed on 14th June 2022

Remortgage

Remortgage of existing buy to let property with H&R, very easy process with H&R offering to move to new improved rate before redemption period and at no cost. Fab experience from H&R again.

Reviewed on 8th June 2022

A brilliant team

We have been with you for 20 years and can honestly say had no problems at all, every person I have spoken with has always been very helpful .

Reviewed on 6th June 2022