Hinckley & Rugby Building Society Mortgages Reviews

Ratings based on 67 reviews       Last review 2 days ago
  Visit website

Hinckley & Rugby Building Society mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of Hinckley & Rugby Building Society mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Hinckley & Rugby Building Society Review Insight

Top Age Profile: N/A

Top Channel Preference: N/A

Your Mortgages Reviews

Review Hinckley & Rugby Building Society's Mortgages now

excellent service

You came up with an offer when other lenders were dithering. The rate was good and there was no fuss about checking my credentials and background.

Reviewed on 2nd August 2021

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Thank you for your wonderful review. Our mortgage team are always on hand to offer assistance and will be thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience.

Terrible underwriter

Mortgage was being delayed by one particular underwriter, the minute he left for maternity leave the application passed through and faced no delays, it was as if he was deliberately causing hurdles for us to jump.

Reviewed on 26th July 2021

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Thank you for your feedback- we’re sorry you’re unhappy with your experience. We take feedback of this nature very seriously and will be in touch shortly

Fabulous

Thanks to H&R we’ve secured our first home. Wonderful to know that there’s lenders out there who genuinely care about people.

Reviewed on 26th July 2021

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Thank you for your lovely feedback. Our mortgage team are constantly striving to ensure they provide the highest level of service to our customers and will be delighted to know how happy you are with the service you received.

Smooth process

I'd recommend to my fellow expats returning to the uk

Reviewed on 15th July 2021

Karen Crudgington is a STAR

Karen was an absolute star in helping us out on our product transfer within yourselves at HRBS. She is a real credit to HRBS!!!

Reviewed on 9th July 2021
Mario.S Demetriou's avatar
Mario.S Demetriou

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We’re delighted that you were happy with the service you received and we’ve passed your comments directly to Karen and her manager.

Terrible Company not to be trusted

Happy to give me and my partner an agreement in principle and take the fees. Some 8 weeks later they moved the goalposts and criteria on lending to us . At the start we agreed a 5% deposit with our position very clear and transparent and acceptable to proceed. At what we thought was almost the offer stage the proposal was declined and only then with a 25% deposit could we possibly proceed. Our circumstances never changed I this time !!! An absolute waste of everyone’s time and energy . The qualification process is a total shambles .

Because of the long process we also lost the property we were looking at

For mortgages Avoid....absolutely terrible service

Reviewed on 9th July 2021
Michael Robson's avatar
Michael Robson

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Thank you for your feedback - we’re sorry you’re unhappy with your experience. We take feedback of this nature very seriously and will be in touch shortly.

Got there in the end.

Originally turned down for the mortgage & I had to implore my broker to try again, a very stressful time convincing yourselves to lend.

Reviewed on 5th July 2021

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Thank you for your feedback - we’re really sorry that your experience was not more positive. We’d love to investigate the circumstances behind the issues and provide you with a personalised response – if you’re happy for us to do so, please email enquiries@hrbs.co.uk with your details so that we can identify you.

I received excellent service , very polite, helpful and efficient. Louise in particular went out of her way to assist me.

Reviewed on 30th June 2021

Amazing Service

Given the limited time frame we were in H&R truly pulled out all the stops and delivered in 4 days. Brilliant service.

Reviewed on 21st June 2021

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We’re delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience with us and look forward to assisting you again.

Friendly efficient and quick

The staff are very effective in handling questions and offer a relaxed and friendly service

Reviewed on 15th June 2021

Brilliant service

Hassle free, no issues, any questions answered straight away, friendly staff

Reviewed on 15th June 2021

Personalised Service

As a contractor I had found it difficult to obtain a mortgage from my existing lender of 25 years and other main stream lenders. H&R actually looked at my case as an individual and there were no loops to jump through to get a decision. The whole process was so smooth I thought I was dreaming. Wish I had known about them years ago.

Reviewed on 4th June 2021

Self-build mortgage

The underwriting process was infuriatingly slow

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the service you received. Your comments will be passed on and discussed with the team.

Later life mortgage

My application was dealt with in a fast and friendly manner. It was a great relief and help to me to be able to get a mortgage at my age (72).

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Very good service really quick and easy mortgage service very helpful!

Good Service from H&R

Very happy with service from H&R, all the work they did was very smooth. As it was a self-build mortgage we had gone through some intermediaries and if anything the few minor hiccups were on that side not H&R. would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 24th May 2021

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Very quick and efficient process

All staff have been very helpful and willing to assist with any queries

Reviewed on 17th May 2021

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Thank you for your lovely feedback. The efficiency of our service is a key priority for us and we’re delighted that you were happy with the service you received.

Nicole and others were professional and efficient

The product is expensive but the staff behaved professionally and efficiently. I had a very unprofessional and inefficient broker and had I not left it too late to look around I would have bought a more competitive mortgage. My financial details clearly showed that the mortgage was affordable but I think that Hinckley&Rugby exploited my age in charging such a comparatively high rate of interest. Was it really necessary to charge me an extra £50 admin fee for reverting to a previous offer?

Reviewed on 17th May 2021

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Thank you for your feedback - we’re pleased that our staff provided a professional and efficient service. Thanks also for allowing us to explain a little more about how we price our products, when we contacted you last week. We hope that you will remain a member of the Society for a long time.

Painfully slow

Very please to have finalised the mortgage, but it was an incredibly painful process for a fairly standard application. I almost lost the house purchase and became awfully stressful

Reviewed on 16th May 2021

Reply from Hinckley & Rugby Building Society

Thank you for your feedback - we’re really sorry that your experience was not more positive. We’d love to investigate the circumstances behind the slow progress and provide you with a personalised response – if you’re happy for us to do so, please email enquiries@hrbs.co.uk.

Unusual financial circumstances

Given my quite complicated financial circumstances I was relieved to have my mortgage application approved in good time. Once Hinckley & Rugby had all the relevant information, the survey and decision were made quickly and efficiently.

Reviewed on 7th May 2021