NatWest Reviews

Ratings based on 1,517 reviews       Last review 20 hours ago

NatWest reviews can help you to find out more about this bank. NatWest say that they have one simple goal: To be the best bank for customer service, by 2020. Smart Money People is the place for NatWest reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in financial services.

NatWest Review Insight

Accuracy & Consistency

Best Banking App Winner Winner of "Best Banking App 2017" in the British Bank Awards

Death Spiral.

After reading the reviews, to some extent I am relieved that I am not alone. 30 years a customer, never defaulted on any payments in any shape or form, even after COVID struck. The people who now call themselves relationship managers are nothing more than complete idiots in a call centre, they press a few buttons and the computer tells them the answer. Your record , ability and security counts for nothing. Computer says NO! My problems with the bank started before COVID-19 , luckily I had the experience, knowledge and ability to move on; god only knows what it is like now. Basically you are treated like a moron, they do not give a damn. They really do not want to be bothered , rude, arrogant and worst of all completely ignorant about you and whatever business you are in. If this was the Cold War, I wouldn’t be surprised to find that Howard Davies was really Kim Philby setting out to destroy British Business and then defect to Europe or China.

RGL's avatar
RGL

Great value for money

Great value for money banking from a bank which is a major player in the industry.

Andy the chief's avatar
Andy the chief

Fantastic reward account

Natwest bank provides a reward account that's very useful to me and with a lot of benefits with it.... Read more

I've always been with Natwest and they always dealt with all my questions and all my requirements with a lot of professionalism. I really recommend them.

Andre Barreira's avatar

Rachael Amy's avatar
Rachael Amy

Instant Saver

Savings in the app

It’s great to view my savings account in the app

Reviewed on 18th January 2021
Rachael Amy's avatar
Rachael Amy

Home Insurance

Natwest Home Insurance - Poor claims service

Very bad service, 4 to 5 phone calls, endlesss conversations, divulged teams, not the most responsive to in an emergency and overall an utterly poor service.... Read more

Natwest home insurance discredit their customers. After around 2 and a half hours of my personal time spent on opening the case they still require more information and for this it would take me roughly 1 and a half to 2 hours to get hold of. I’m completely exacerbated and refuse to coerce my own resource to concede this claim on the grounds that Natwest have a poor service for their customers and completely discredit you despite having ever had 0 claims and having your first.

The claim amount was for £150 too, after i pay the £200 excess! So for me personally this isn’t worth pursuing any custom or grounds with Natwest Insurance to satisfy their divulged, chaotic and ABSURD process for their claims lifecycle.

After my judgement today of the service I’ve had I’ve ceased my home insurance with immediate effect from Natwest. I do not recommend Natwest Home Insurance and will never trust Natwest with my home Insurance cover ever again. My situation could have been a lot worse and I’m sure if the same thing happened again they wouldn’t be there for me.

Natwest also discredited my payment type for the charges incurred (ie cash). Since when could a working professional with a good career (IT manager) not have available disposable to hand?

Completely dispicable, unquestionable and awful. Shame on Natwest Home Insurance. Making customers feel unworthy to their right to a salary/disposable income at their hands!!

Reviewed on 11th December 2020
Angelo Vartuca Matas's avatar
Angelo Vartuca Matas

Business Banking

FRAUDULENT BANK! STAY FAR AWAY!!!!!

Awful service/ staff hang up on you and talk over you constantly, not considerate of your situation that you can not access you own... Read more

Awful service/ staff hang up on you and talk over you constantly, not considerate of your situation that you can not access you own money!

I tried to transfer money from my account, all of a sudden I was logged out of the app and the fraud team call me to confirm the transaction. I confirmed all was fine and it was myself, I then got told another team would call me back in 12/24 hrs.

After 48 hours of waiting with no call back, I decided to call the same number that called me, (the fraud team) so I could speak to someone and find out what was going on, I had to call back numerous times and being on hold for over 1hr & 10 mis the first time, then got hung up on and then called back and waiting 48 mins to get shouted at by some mouthy little girl who couldn’t even spell. I was told I would have to wait 24/ 48 hrs for a different team to call me.

Lucky I have a credit card.... NOT WITH NATWEST, but would have been left with no money to feed my little girl and pay my bills etc. MASSIVE INCONVENIENCE & VERY CRUEL OF THEM.

Here it is x3 days later and they have decided to text me advising that my account will be closing and that they no longer want to provide me with banking services.

Like what the hell?!

I was advised by Warren in their fraud team I could go into branch with my I.D. to withdraw my money from both my business and personal accounts, which I attempted today, a Saturday only to arrive at branch and branch advised me that they need authorisation to release my money... IT IS MY MONEY!!!

Apparently I have to go back on Monday as they didn’t have cashier desks open on a weekend... that is not my problem. What an absolute shambles of a bank, I really do not know what they are playing at and DO NOT recommend them to anyone, I will also be convincing my family members and friends to change banks to anything other than NatWest.

UPDATE....

Popped into branch today with my I.D. as advised on the Saturday to withdraw my money from my accounts due to NatWest closing them for no valid reason what so ever.

Rachael, branch manager in Bristol was very helpful and called the fraud team while I was there to try and rectify this and get me my money but unfortunately the fraud team advised me that regardless o previously being advised I could go into branch to withdraw my money with my I.D., that they wouldn’t release my money from my account for me and was told that I have to fill out a form to request a withdraw to another account and this could take up to 60 DAYS??!!

Absolutely ridiculous, they are thieving swines and messing me around, the fraud team are rude and not clear with what needs to happen to get my money back. They go back on their word, advising you to do one thing then changing their minds when it suits for what? To annoy customers and antagonise them. Still do not have any reason as to why my account has been closed either.

I am appalled at the way I have been treated and stand by my comment that I DO NOT recommend NatWest to anyone ever due to their complete disregard for customers and resolving situations. It’s almost as though they know they have power as a bank and like to bully and abuse people during a pandemic this has been dreadful to say the least.

I look forward to the day NatWest go through the hoop and cease to exist.

Reviewed on 7th December 2020
Mikeywootten@gmail.com's avatar
Mikeywootten@gmail.com

Discriminative bank

I have been personal and business banking with NatWest more than 9 years. I am an interest free person so I didn't apply any loans but they get benefits from my money as long years. When I apply a business account for my new business, they refused my application. The officer who assed was very rude and discriminative. When I complaint about it to their supervisor, I received a reply next day as "We’re writing to you to let you know we’ve reviewed your application for a Business Current Account and we’re sorry but we won’t be able to take it any further. As a result you’ll need to make alternative banking arrangements for your business. There isn’t an opportunity to appeal this decision".

While ago, when I try to open a personal account to my wife, a banking officer in NatWest Alton branch has discriminated her because she didnt satisfy with the documents. We had opened with the same document in another branch in London.

I am taking action to switch the bank immediately. I understand this will not affect the bank but I need to consider a fair bank for my daily banking activity.

Reviewed on 3rd December 2020
Rizath Roomy's avatar
Rizath Roomy

Fixed Rate Mortgage

Unreliable and incompetent

Just an awful experience to date. Losing paperwork, lack of communications, no sense of urgency, constantly changing the goal posts. Never using them again

Reviewed on 3rd December 2020
Anon's avatar
Anon

Fixed Rate Mortgage

Multiple errors and no responsiblity

We applied for a buy to let mortgage. The lack of product knowledge from the personal bankers and mortgage advisors was shocking. We were told that products would be suitable when they turned out not to be and led on for three months. When they realised their error there was no ownership and no attempt to learn from it. No sense of customer loyalty or care. As I write we may lose our house due to their delays and ineptitude.
Avoid if you want confidence in your house buying pathway.

Reviewed on 29th November 2020
William's avatar
William

Business Banking

Ver bad customer service from Robert

I have made a customer call on 21 October 2020 at 18:53 and the agent named Robert has answered the call. He started to ask inappropriate queries. I found he seemed very rude and Natwest bank didn't train their customer agents such Robert how to offer a good customer service. I lodge a complaint however I feel this bank has failed to provide better service as other banks offer in the UK.

Reviewed on 21st October 2020
Rizath Roomy's avatar
Rizath Roomy

Home Insurance

NATWEST NO GOOD

I got burgaled 2019 rang NatWest insurance . Had over 4-5 people involved left messages to a girl called Emma in Glasgow never got back to me had a nervous break down social workers critical care team mental health only for Ian aitken to tell me he wasn’t interested in the emotional side only the claim was scared frightened at my lowest lots of family things goin on suicide critical car accident with my daughter family suffering cancer dad in hospital for over 5-6 week a lot so wasn’t thinking straight wrote on a receipt we’re I thought I had purchased items well my mum . Now only to be told by Ian aitken that he thinks Iv exaggerated the claim and he will be putting forward that I don’t get a penny . I have all items still in my house that we’re bro or damaged they stole my sons tools and Xmas presents so now I’m not getting anything and my son has no tv either please try other insurance companies they may all be the same it’s not the criminals you should fear it’s the insurance company I made a mistake and now there giving me nothing the worst part is they were fully aware I wasn’t myself confused scared under mental health and they said we’re not botherd . Think someone gets a bonus if they don’t pay you out I’m heartbroken and lower than what I was before so please think twice about NatWest insurance. My kids Cnt believe how bad Iv been treated no one has ever rang me to give support at the worst time of your life I’m scared all the time in my home put cameras up and upgraded all security and NatWest don’t care . No one rings you to support help or advice you they just see you’ve made a mistake and that’s it so please if you ever unsure make sure you ask questions I wish I had but no one helped me or cared I had zero support

Reviewed on 13th October 2020
Caren's avatar
Caren

Awful awful service

So basically, if anything goes wrong with any of the processes, you need to chase. They won't contact you. Anything to do with changing signatories is just impossible.

Reviewed on 5th October 2020
Joe O'Mahoney's avatar
Joe O'Mahoney

Over 3.5h and counting waiting line

I have been waiting for 3+ to speak to someone on the phone for a serious issue. They have transfered me twice to wrong departments even though it was clear and obvious which department it should have gone to in the first place.

Reviewed on 24th September 2020
D.Shah's avatar
D.Shah

Black Account

Terrible service

We have had a black account for many years. This year due to corona virus we were prevented from going on our ski holiday by government restrictions. We have never claimed on our travel insurance before. NatWest are refusing to pay as they say the holiday was cancelled by the holiday company are are telling us to sue the company for the money. The terms are clear in the NatWest travel document that they will pay out of government restrictions stop your travel. They have used every delay tactic in the book and it has been over six months and they still have our money disgraceful!

Reviewed on 22nd September 2020
Katie Murphy's avatar
Katie Murphy

Reward Account

Never let me down

Natwest has never let me down - I have been with them since 18 - and now I get paid to bank with them (ok, not much, but every little counts!!).

Reviewed on 19th September 2020
Francesca Harrod's avatar
Francesca Harrod

VERY SHADY AND UNTRUSTWORTHY BANK

After banking with NatWest for over 5 years, I've recently had my account closed down overnight without doing anything wrong or given any explanation, only that they consider that i have broken their terms and conditions which i haven't. All my funds have been withheld and are being withheld by the bank for up to 60 days. After carefully reading the bank's terms and conditions, i am 110% sure i have not broken any, definitely NOT committed any fraud (reason why bank can withhold funds for up to 60 days). After being told that my account was closed by going in branch and speaking with the account closure team a couple of times. I find out today that my account is still active and receives funds although i have no access to it or to any funds on it. I've asked for my bank statements up until the account closure so i know the exact amount i'm supposed to get back as all my salary and any kind of funds are stuck there, today after speaking with the Account closure team, i find out that i only have around 600£ out of 3183£ but why i ask, the answer being that its maybe related to the to the personal loan i have taken out and the credit card money i owe , mentioning that i have paid money in my credit card account and last time i've spoken to the closure team i have been instructed to arrange a standing order just a few days before the normal paying date on my new bank account(with another bank) to pay back the money i owe in instalments as i did until now. The bank has taken the liberty of paying off the loan and credit card apparently out of my funds without my consent and without me knowing. I cant believe this has happened and i don't see how this can be legal, it is my money and the decision to close down my account was not mine and i have not done anything wrong. I dont understand how an institution so big can commit such acts and take money from me without my consent. For anyone reading, please do not open an account with this SHADY BANK!!!!

Reviewed on 16th September 2020

Theo's avatar
Theo

Basic Account

Very helpful

Very good bank and would tell all my friends and family

Reviewed on 15th September 2020
pedge8585 's avatar
pedge8585

Useless

The only good thing about Natwest is the app. Other than that they are useless. Making payments is a nightmare they block payments. Being able to spend your money has never been so difficult and stressful. Been on the phone for 1.5 hours today trying to pay an invoice. Been trying to pay this invoice for 3 days absolutely ridiculous. I have been with many banks this is hands down the worst I have ever dealt with. I will be changing asap.

Reviewed on 11th September 2020